How to commission a work
Below are the steps involved to having Lucy commission a work of art for your organization or for your personal enjoyment.
- Fill out the a “Project Questionnaire”
- When you fill out the questionnaire you will be asked to send in or upload a photo of your subject if there is a photo available.
- Lucy will review your information.
- Lucy will contact you via the contact information you provide.
- If Lucy believes she is a good fit for your project, she will send you an order form and contract to fill out.
- You will need to fill out the order form and contract and send it back to Lucy along with a 50% deposit for the project. There is no refund on this deposit.
- Lucy will create a pencil sketch of the painting from the information and photos you provide.
- The sketch will be emailed to you for review and can be revised.
- When the sketch meets your satisfaction, you will be asked to sign an approval form.
- Lucy will paint your subject on the size of masonite board you select using acrylic paint, unless your project has specific other requirements.
- When the painting is completed (approx 1 month), Lucy will send you a photo of the finished work for your approval.
- If you approve of the finished work the 50% balance is due. If you don’t approve of the painting Lucy will retain the 50% deposit and have the option to sell it.
- Shipping costs will be extra.
- Painting is delivered to your door.
- Deposits and payments can be made via cheque or Money Order.